Recognizing Official First State Bank of the South Bank Communications
Please be aware, First State Bank of the South will never notify you over the phone, through email, or text messages to:
Tell you that your account has been locked or restricted
Ask you to verify or confirm your personal information
Request your PIN, passcode, account details, and/or your Social Security Number
It is First State Bank of the South’s policy that we do not initiate a request for personal information via email.
If you get these or similar request form any organization, please do not respond.
All of our lobbies are open.
All Drive throughs are open
Safety tips for mobile banking
Set up your mobile device for optimal protection
- Enable automatic updates for your operating system software in your mobile device settings to help protect your phone with the latest security patches.
- Set your phone and tablet to automatically lock when not in use, and use a passcode, or biometric such as your fingerprint or face to unlock it. If you use a passcode, don’t share it and don’t use your birth year, address number, or something else others could easily guess.
- Secure your home router with a strong password to help protect devices on your network from unauthorized access.
Do not alter or “jail break” your device, as it may make it vulnerable to malware.
Practice mobile banking safety 24/7
- Never re-use passwords across different sites, especially for mobile banking.
- Set up online banking account alerts to notify you when anyone makes a purchase or withdrawal, so you can contact your bank quickly if something doesn’t look right.
- Only download applications from a trusted source, like your mobile phone’s app store. Read reviews, ratings, and privacy information before downloading a new app and delete apps that you no longer use.
- Never use unsecured Wi-Fi networks to sign on to financial accounts or other accounts containing your sensitive information.
- Always sign off once you finish banking on your mobile device — do not simply close the browser or app.
- If you change your mobile number, email, or mailing address, let First State Bank of the South know right away so we can contact you when necessary.